We are looking for two(2) community-minded, compassionate, and eager individuals to fill the position of Peer Navigator in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Funded through the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Saskatchewan Pride Network and Moose Jaw Pride, Peer Navigators will work together to provide support to 2SLGBTQ+ and other equity-seeking people and families during and following the COVID19 pandemic through telephone and frontline crisis support and case-management, as well as navigational and advocacy support for 2SLGBTQ+ people and families as they interact with various systems.
To apply, please submit your resume for any Peer Navigator role to email@example.com
The deadline for application is April 25th 2021 at 5:00pm.
Please apply with a detailed cover letter, resume and references prior to the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
You love working with 2SLGBTQ+ and other equity-seeking people and families by assisting with navigating systemic barriers
- You approach every individual as unique and valued;
- You enjoy working with a wide range of individuals on varied complex issues and topics;
- You have an awareness of the ways that human services, health and justice systems can
negatively impact the 2SLGBTQ+ community;
- You can provide direct services to individuals and families in the form of intervention and
systems navigation, as well as therapeutic, trauma-informed services for individuals and
- You enjoy working in a harm reduction environment
- You have a solid understanding of harm reduction and are able to put the model into
- You can meet individuals and families where they are at
- You look for alternatives other than calling the police when there’s a crisis
- You work best when working as an independent contractor supporting diverse identities,
personalities and communication styles in a variety of community-based settings
- You can work alongside services that directly support individual gender based violence
survivors, will work with various points of contact within the service continuum including
legal, healthcare and other community-based organizations in order to work towards
Position: Temporary, Part time 25 hours/week
If a verbal application is preferred over a written application, a candidate may submit an audio or video resume and cover letter to the same address or call 306 692 3388.