Sustainable Outreach & Thrift Shop Attendant
Job location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Length of assignment: 16 weeks
Hours: Full Time (Approximately 30-40 hours / week)
Shifts: Weekday mornings, weekday afternoons, some evenings or weekends
How to Apply: Introduce yourself to our team by email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Rainbow Retro Thrift Shop is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and intelligent person to join our team and work to support the LGBTQ+ community through sustainability in our store and beyond!
Eligibility: A student may be eligible for employment if they:
- have a working knowledge of both English and French; and are willing to work in or relocate to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment;
- Excellent customer service
- Engage community in sustainable thinking
- Merchandising (employees make the store presentable)
- Sorting donations
- Operating cash register and processing payments
- Social media management & marketing
- Online sales
- Ensure cash is accounted for morning and night
- When manager is absent, ensure the books balance at the end of each day
- Ensuring facilities are clean each morning, throughout the day and each evening (bathrooms, floors, windows)
- Coordination of volunteers as they pertain to the thrift store
- Report directly to Store Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Additional information: Experience working in another thrift store or in retail would be considered a strong asset. Experience working in a supportive role with vulnerable populations would also be considered an asset. Candidates must have experience with Facebook and Instagram. A valid driver’s licence is considered a strong asset. Must be adaptable and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks and duties.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and at least 2 references by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please tell us about your knowledge and experience with the LGBTQ2S+ community!
The Rainbow Retro Thrift Shop is a social enterprise of Moose Jaw Pride.
Moose Jaw Pride Inc. is a registered non-profit corporation composed of a volunteer Board of Directors from Moose Jaw and across Saskatchewan. Our mission is to celebrate and support gender and sexually diverse people through the provision of fabulously inclusive community services and educational opportunities. Our Vision is a thriving community for all gender and sexually diverse people.
Moose Jaw (population: 33,274) is a city in south-central Saskatchewan, Canada, on the Moose Jaw River. It is situated on the Trans-Canada Highway, 77 km west of Regina. Residents of Moose Jaw are known as Moose Javians. Moose Jaw is an industrial centre and important railway junction for the area’s agricultural produce. CFB Moose Jaw is a NATO flight training school, and is home to the Snowbirds, Canada’s military aerobatic air show flight demonstration team.
Moose Jaw’s unique attractions include: Historic Downtown, many different murals around the city, Tunnels of Moose Jaw, Crescent Park, Wakamow Valley, Temple Gardens Mineral Spa and many more. For more information about Moose Jaw’s unique attractions and upcoming events, please visit: http://www.tourismmoosejaw.ca/